The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: And Men, Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It
- Do you chalk your success up to luck, timing, or computer error?
- Do you believe “If I can do it, anybody can”?
- Do you agonize over even the smallest flaws in your work?
- Are you crushed by even constructive criticism, seeing it as evidence of your ineptness?
- When you do succeed, do you think “fooled them again”?
If so, join the club… the book club that is!
About the book:
In her groundbreaking book, The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: And Men, Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It, internationally recognized thought leader Dr. Valerie Young explores where impostor feelings come from (hint: it’s not all in your head), uncovers the hidden thoughts and beliefs that hold you back, and offers practical, immediately steps you can take to finally feel as bright and capable as you really are.
It’s a groundbreaking book that reveals the hidden thoughts and beliefs that hold successful people back and is a must-read for anyone regardless of gender who has ever felt like an impostor. The book provides a framework for understanding and overcoming these thoughts and is a powerful tool for addressing self-doubt to achieve your goals.
If you’re interested in joining the book club, please sign up below.
Why join the book club?
Your book club will be led by a trained Rethinking Impostor Syndrome™ Coach. Over the course of six weeks you’ll join with others to read and discuss the book all the while being guided by your coach to explore how you can apply key insights to your own life. And with help from your Impostor Syndrome Book Club Coach you’ll learn additional tips and strategies for unlearning impostor syndrome. That way you can finally feel as bright and capable as you really are.
- Learn alongside others who share your same struggle
- Gain powerful insights and practical strategies to overcome impostor syndrome and achieve your goals
- Be a part of a community of supportive peers who can help you reach your full potential
- And understand the book through a variety of formats, including book club discussions, breakouts, group activities, activity sheets and even a visit from the author herself!