Valerie has spoken at hundreds of corporations and universities, including Facebook, McDonalds, Harvard and MIT. And she’s contributed to the Wall Street Journal, USA Weekend, and O Magazine among others and is the author of The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It.
We’ve known each other for years and I’m always so happy to chat with her. Her humorous and practical approach to impostor feelings is beneficial for both men and women, for those of you male lurkers out there listening!
In this conversation you’ll learn…
- How procrastination hides as impostor BS
- Why our thoughts keep us feeling like impostors
- How delivering a TED Talk challenged Valerie’s own impostor syndrome thoughts
- The reasons “not knowing” is never shameful
- When impostor syndrome is most likely to show up and what to do about it
- What will force you to stop procrastinating or being a workaholic
We dive right in for this episode so grab a shot of tequila (or Pepto), pop in some earbuds and turn up this episode because the BS won’t burn itself.