The Cure for Impostor Syndrome: How to Feel Less Like a Fraud and Appreciate Your Successes with Dr. Valerie Young
Valerie Young sheds light on the impostor syndrome and shows the healthy way out.
- Just how prevalent impostor syndrome is
- The 5 impostor syndrome archetypes
- How to strategically shift your thinking from impostor to non-impostor
Dr. Valerie Young is an internationally-known expert on impostor syndrome and author of award-winning book The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It (Crown Business/Random House), now available in five languages.
- Valerie’s Book: The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It
- Valerie’s TED Talk: Thinking your way out of impostor syndrome
- Valerie’s Website: ImpostorSyndrome.com
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Researcher: Dr. Gail Matthews
- Term: Dunning-Krueger Effect
- Term: Impostor Syndrome
- Study: Dr. Pauline Rose Clance on Impostor Syndrome
- Book: “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success” by Carol Dweck
- Prior episode: 317:How to Form Habits the Smart Way with BJ Fogg, PhD
Thank You, Sponsor!
- Learn a new language anytime, anywhere with Babbel.com